Thursday, June 26, 2008

Music Bands

A close friend of mine suggested again that my blogs are more of technical reports and so are quite boring. Well, I suppose I should atleast make them readable, but it is a sad commentary on what we consider important and worthwhile in our life. We get wat we want, but not what you need(I am borrowing from a song by an English band name 'Coldplay', the song called 'Fix You' from the album 'X&Y') and rarely what we should really be getting. More on that later, but since I have touched upon music and I must write something that is not a technical report, but something personal, I am thinking about my favourite music bands. I do not give very valid or concrete reasons because you dont like a band(or anything for that matter) because of a set of specific reasons. One thing I could say is, I like their music but that is neither here nor there, but thats all I got. I do not want to rank them too and so I am just giving them in a random order.
So, I am mentioning U2 first and songs like 'City of Blinding Lights', 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for', 'Where the streets have no name', 'With or without you' are really great. Bono's voice and The Edge are simply unbelievable and their partners Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton complete a band which says that even you can join in and sing. Next up is Evanescence and this is special. A female lead singer in a rock band and they are the only rock band I seriously like. The lyrics are really great and the singing voice is also excellent, something that really touched me(Tourniquet, Imaginary, 'Bring me back to life', 'Call me when you're sobre' and 'Lithium' are my favourites). I must confess these are my top two and then there is a list of the others. Then there is 'Pink Floyd', one of the greatest ever to play music and their albums 'Dark side of the moon', 'The Wall' are just top of the draw and my favourite songs are 'Time', 'Brain Damage', 'Comfartably Numb' and the obvious 'Another Brick in the wall'!. 'Queen' is also good with 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'Another one bites the dust', 'We are the champions', 'Bicycle' and we then got the 'Eagles' who titled their album 'When hell freezes over' as they got back together after a break-up during which they said 'When hell freezes over' when a reporter asked when the band would get back together! Songs like 'Hotel California', 'Tequila Sunrise', 'Love will keep us alive' and 'Desperado' simply creates magic. I also like 'Coldplay', with 'Speed of sound', 'Clocks', 'Shiver' etc but I think a lot of their songs sound very much similar, so not one of my greatest favourites, but still there. Nickelback, with videos with great ideas and themes(Savin' me and If everyone cared and one more about the story of a firefighter) are unbelievable. Chad Kroger's voice got a really good range, and I also like Nirvana, especially 'Love Buzz' and 'Smells like teen spirit', but thats all I like about them.


What I havent mentioned so far is that this is only a list of the western bands I like, but any time, my favourites would beCarnatic music songs, especiall those that they have the Violin (I learned it for around 7-8 yrs, but stopped it due to my laziness and I really dont know whether I regret that or not) or the Veena or the flute.

No comments: