Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back to square one



I never thought I would be back so soon and that too for an entire semester. A semester of PS-2 in Bangalore, my first experience living in a city, had driven some sense into me, although not much, it is definitely an improvement on the old self. Now that I am back, the place is the same but it does not feel so. I know I am stating the obvious here and yet I must say this- what made BITS-Pilani Goa Campus for me was the entire package of idling around until the tests, the mad rush during tests, cursing the system and sometimes the faculty, the relief after a test and the impending doom of answer paper distributions which we conveniently bunked just like most of our lectures, outings on the end of tests (wide grin here, w.e.f T-1, 4th year, Sem1) and the fests and ogling that ensued and waiting for release of TV series and Man Utd matches in the common room and the madness during cricket matches (Sachin's double century would count as one of the most unforgettable in my life) and also the nonsense and sense that happened in quizzes and infrequent yet raucous quiz club meetings. There is one thing I missed out for that, or rather they, were the most important factors in my life here- MIB or Mallus in BITS. Is it a coincidence that I am wearing the t-shirt now?

They were one ubiquitous aspect of life here- when we went to the mess, outings, 'Tharavadu Hub' and enjoying the festivities. As I walk along our old haunts, I feel incomplete, I miss those long walks after dinner, I miss singing songs and messing them up during these walks and after outings, I miss the random nonsense talks and all the bullshit that happened. It is like a piece of me is stuck somewhere and I cannot find it and I never thought coming back to campus will be this dull.

I have come back and found that it is all different, all has changed and also the unfortunate fact that it will never be the same and we will never get it back. I know these are obvious facts that everyone would experience, but then experiencing the entire campus life without its soul is something that very few would have gone through. I do not regret the decision to come back for thesis and nor do I feel sad, but as I said before, there is something missing and we will never get it back. It is called the past and it will remain only in our memories.

http://craziestme.blogspot.com/2009/12/days-of-our-lives.html

No comments: