Sunday, September 28, 2008

In love with the Queen

It is the first weekend after Test-1 and so its the time when everyone just cools down and simply just fools around. Tonight after dinner, we were just taking a walk around the campus slowly, just chatting, telling tales, cracking jokes and my brain working overtime on PJs. We got to discussing about a friend of mine from Ernakulam and I do not know, I felt some sort of longing to go back to Ernakulam. I miss the place, whatever imperfections it can boast of and whatever annoyance and problems its messy traffic system can cause.

I have spend 8 years so far in Ernakulam and those were my teenage years and it does leave a mark on you. It is the place where I grew up but unfortunately I do not know it anymore as I found the place really different from what it was when I was staying there full-time. I still love the place, the theatres, the main economic hub of the city-MG Road, the bus ride which is an experience in itself, the traffic hustle in Vyttila junction or the narrow Banerjee road and who can forget the north overbridge.

I really miss my hometown and I really dont think I will be seeing much more of her anymore. I was able to spend only a few weeks so far in Ernakulam this year and it seems that this might just be the first of many such years. Well, you can take me out of Ernakulam, but you cannot take Ernakulam out of me (a smart and creative guy said this about himself and I am just copying it). Another smart guy also said that the tree grows best in the place where it struck root and therefore although it might not be same old town that I have known, it is still home and my heart will never truly be able to leave that place

No comments: